Re: How many DB's can you create on one Oracle Server?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:13:53 -0800

> Can anyone tell me the maximum number of databases you can create on one
> Oracle Server? Any web-based reference to this would be good.

I doubt there is a hard and fast number. But I would like to have someone explain to me why they would want to create more than one.

One instance can have multiple tablespaces and schemas for keeping everything separate. Why make another SGA? To what possible end?

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Feb 24 2001 - 18:13:53 CST