multiple transactions in table

From: Chirag (Mark) Patel <patelc_at_mcss.cas.mcmaster.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:38:52 -0500

I am using Oracle 8.0 and Powerbuilder 6.5 to develop the database application. It seems that when multiple users log in to the application, the transactions (add,delete, update) seem to be occuring only for one user and for the rest of them, the screen kind of freezes and the application no longer responds.

I am not in charge of Oracle, but my belief is that the DBA needs to set some roles or provileges in order for multiple users to get access to tables at the same time. So far, we "granted" previleges to the necessary users and the DBA says he has given the previlges to users for certain roles like insert, update, modify, etc. I tested it out yesterday and it worked fine, but this morning, the freezing issue came up. Is there anything else the DBA should set? I am not sure why it's freezing, probably because more than 2 or more people are running the program. Any suggestions? Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 10:38:52 CST