Upgrade Experiences from Oracle 7.3.X and Oracle 8.0.X to Oracle 8i

From: Douglas Kearney <test_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:17:53 GMT

Hi,

     I have scanned the Oracle groups and haven't found much talk about experiences with upgrading production environments from 7.3.X or 8.0.X to 8i.
I have tried to get on to metalink without much luck because of it being so slooooow. So, this is the next step. I also noticed that upgrading is basically taking dumps and re-importing into 8i after server has been upgraded. Are their any automated steps that I have missed or am I just crazy?? Wait, I just crazy, this is Oracle we are speaking about. The platforms that I am interested in are NT,2000, and HP Unix.

Thanks in advance,
Doug K. Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 12:17:53 CST