how to sqload records with control characters included in a data

From: <Ragini_Khanjee_at_Dell.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2001 04:13:06 +0100

Hello
I am trying to sqlload multi column data that is comma delimeted and also each column is enclosed in quotes. The problem I am encountering is that one of the data columns "call_text" is a varchar2(2000) and contains control characters. I would like to load the data with the control characters as is but am not successful at it. When I sqlload the data and a control character is encountered, sqlload think that it is the beggining of a new record when infact it's just part of the call_text data. The control characters are not always in a specific column nor is there anything about the data in that column that's consistent such as beginning with a specific string or number. Also, every record may not always contain a control character in that column. So, it varies. Some have it and some don't.

Kindly, would you please direct me as to how to set up the control file to load such data.

I would really appreciate your help in this matter as I've tried so many different options with no avail. Thank you.

Sincerely
Ragini_Khanjee_at_dell.com

--
Posted from ausxc07.us.dell.com [143.166.99.215]