Re: Question

From: Mike O <ora7dba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:49:40 -0600

Are you using RapidSQL? It's been awhile for me .. but export the database/schema from Sybase and create the objects in Oracle. Extracting the data from Sybase seems to work well in RapidSQL as well.. comma delimited.. then SQL*Loader to Oracle. Quick and painless. The syntax for the schema may pose a little gotcha but not bad.

You could also invest in Sybase's tool.. or did some else buy out a product called Designer? Who are the PowerBuilder folks? ;-) Anyway.. you can use the Designer Tool, connect to Sybase and migrate to an Oracle environment.

-Mike