Re: default STORAGE clause when creating tables?

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2001 17:16:10 GMT

> You don't have default storage clauses for tables in Oracle.

No wonder I could not find it!

>When creating
> tablespaces you specify initial / next extent sizes and min/max extent
> numbers for objects created within the datafile(s) of that tablespace -
> regardless if that object is a table or index.

Ahhh! Yes that is it! And it makes perfect sense that this is specified by tablespace, not for the whole database!

Thank you very much, my db creation script (based on the DB creating wizard by Oracle [shame on you, Oracle!]) has no mention of a default extent. I should have also looked harder into the docs, so shame on me too.

Thank you very much, I have been wrestling with this for a very long time! Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 11:16:10 CST