SQL Help

From: <1_at_1.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:04:06 GMT

Hello!

I am using 8.0.6 Oracle server and would like to insert data into a field, the problem is that there are SQL like parameters in the data I need to update and it throws everything off. How can I block it out?

For example -

TABLE = A COLS = 1 2 3 Proposed SQL statement =

insert into A
values ('DOG' , '50' , '[0000-
{AFFIL PUT thing,'444'; otherthing,'555'; =pleasehelp,'Thanks''
}AFFIL
]'

How can I add the data into COL 3 without SQL/Oracle thinking some of the data is an extension of the query?

Thanks! Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 17:04:06 CST