Re: Anyone used SAFE to eliminate fragmentation ?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:43:20 GMT

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:15:02 -0000, "Neil Cudd" <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm about to reorg one of my databases and would like to implement the
>Simple Algorithm for Fragmentation Elimination as discussed in the Oracle
>white paper (#771). Has anybody else had experience of this method and any
>hints/tips they would like to pass on ?

Yes. Love it.
Tip? Try it on a few tablespaces first to make sure you got the hang of it.
Don't use the MINIUM EXTENT SIZE of 8i just yet. I've seen problems with TRUNCATE table in some ports of 8.1.6. That's if you want to use that parameter, you don't need it really for SAFE.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Fri Feb 23 2001 - 05:43:20 CST