Re: archive logs

From: Jason Seeley <me_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:20:58 +1300

Yes the script deletes logs older than 5 days, so we have abit of redundancy as each archive log is on 5 different tapes (assuming my maths is correct)

Thanks for your help, I find it is much more informative talking to someone who is "out there doing it" rather than trolling through some crusty old manual 8-)

Cheers
Jason

Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:972qdk$q1$1_at_soap.pipex.net...
> Answers embedded
> "Jason Seeley" <me_at_127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> > I keep each backup for a week, i.e. one for each day of the week. This
 also
> > includes the volume where the archive logs are stored. so at any given
 point
> > I have full backups and associated archive logs for the last six days.
 Also