Theoretical - restrict references

From: Doug C <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:32:06 -0500

I understand that the restrict references pragma enforces that the function, procedure, etc., does not do certain things to certain tables.

Can someone elaborate on what we are trying to avoid? A sort of mutating trigger like problem? Like selecting from a table for which we are updating the same table?

Please.. all sorts of examples... interested...

Thanks,
D Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 00:32:06 CST