Re: Max SGA size in 32 bit Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:19:35 +0100

Just a few general remarks.

As explained before increasing indiscriminately the SGA has it's tradeoffs. In many cases you will just create a different problem area.
Also: to gain that last 1 or 2 percent more, you need much much more resources. You always should consider whether you really need that Finally: If your application is firing 'random' sql, without using bind variables (in my experience: *all* jdbc applications) you can increase the sga and especially the shared pool what you want, but the hit ratio will remain at what it is: way too low.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA