Solaris 2.8 - Oracle 8.1.6 - Install Problems Please help

From: Bill Long <bill_at_longboys.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:51:37 -0800

Hi.

I'm having problems with creating a DB on a new oracle install. I'm doing exactly as the documentation says and i'm still getting errors when it tries to do the initial "startup nomount" to create the database. here is my env and what I have done. If somebody could please take a look and give me some pointers, i sure would appreciate it. my box is a sun ultrasparc 5 with 400Mhz and 256M ram

from /etc/system (and doing a boot -r on reboot)
***

from sysdef prior to starting up svrmgrl:
*

I can svrmgrl fine, connect internal fine. but then the startup nomount command gives the following

SVRMGR> SVRMGR> Connected.
SVRMGR> ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed
SVRMGR>      2>      3>      4>      5>      6>      7>      8>
9>     10> CREATE DATABASE "cprdev"

*

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
SVRMGR> Disconnected.
SVRMGR> SVRMGR> Server Manager complete.

Checking the alert log gives...
Thu Feb 22 02:42:49 2001
Errors in file
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/rdbms/log/cprdev_ora_386.trc:

ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed
ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:semget failed with status: 28
ORA-27301: OS failure message: No space left on device
ORA-27302: failure occurred at: sskgpcreates

and the trc file is empty.

Please help. I'm stuck.

bill Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 20:51:37 CST