Re: Max SGA size in 32 bit Oracle

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:09:33 GMT

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:34:26 -0800, kipnukpup <kipnukpup_at_netscape.net> wrote:

>and the requirements are for a couple three rather large tables to be kept in memory,
>thus the larger SGA requirements (currently we have about 150MB SGA for this app). It
>doesn't have anything to do right now with the hit ratios.

Have you tried partitioning your buffer cache between KEEP, DEFAULT and RECYCLE and assign your tables to KEEP (making it vary large)? It might solve your problem without having to go for 64-bit version.

HTH Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 04:09:33 CST