HELP ! ! ! temp tablespace

From: ahmed kashif <Ahmed_at_U.Arizona.Edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:15:15 -0700

my temp (temporary) tablespace grew to ~14g (dont know why it was set to unlimited?) - ended up taking all the disk space. I moved it to another disk and brought it online, but then it wouldn't let me shutdown the database with the exception of shutdown abort. i tried to drop it with drop tablespace command, but it always seemed like it hung the database. i even let it go for hours - no luck. then i created a new tablespace 'temp2', and made that tablespace the temporary tablespace for all the users. then i shutdown (abort) the database and removed that sucker from the filesystem. brought the database up with no problem. then i tried again to drop it throught drop tablespace, but it still does the same - hang the database on me.

i still can see that tablespace in dba_tablespaces, and i still can't shutdown normal or immediate. please HELP!!!

--

Thanks,

ahmed