Re: Logging

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:55:04 -0000

I believe that you are referring to the alert log. This most certainly records log switches, but It also records items of somewhat greater importance as well, like internal errors etc. It should be checked at least once a day. It siits in the directory specified by the background_dump_dest parameter

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA