Re: Oracle Licensing

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:07:02 +0100

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:41:39 GMT, David Allamon <dallamon_at_overdrive.com> wrote:

>I want to run Oracle8i on a Linux box that may
>add a second proc and/or have the proc upgraded.
>I may also add another box to the mix eventuall.
>In other words, i need to be able to grow some
>with the licensing.
>
>Oracle's site isn't clicking for me right now.
>
>Any ideas as to what licensing i would use? NU's
>and UPU's? Cost?
>Thanks,

As Michelle, the leader of the French conservative resistance in 'Allo 'Allo always says:
Listen carefully, I will say this only once (in fact she pronounces it like 'whence') (as opposed to the four times in quick succession -hopefully mistakingly- you posted this query) :
Call a salesrep at Oracle, they won't bite, they only might lift your pockets, but probably they have sufficient lawyers behind them to proof that's legal.
Also: the licensing calculation formula is on www.oraclestore.com I agree with you that it is incomprehensible, but none of use has here has been hired to perform exegesis on Oracle's Licensing Scheme.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Feb 21 2001 - 12:07:02 CST