Re: Recovery-Catalog with 8.1.5 on Linux

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:25:45 GMT

Ronald Mohr wrote:

> Hy folks
> I was reading about the additional features of using the Recovery-Catalog
> in a seperate database . First of all, I never tried to startup two
> databases at the same time. Can I just do so and how ?

Sure. Just do it. If you are on Linux, do . oraenv <first_db>, svrmgrl, connect internal, startup. Then
repeat sequence with the second db. Just a hint: To use rman, you need to set up Net8 and start a
listener, because you need actually to connect to two databases.

> Than I checked ( in advance ) for 'catrman.sql', that should build up the
> Catalog-tables. I didn't find it in my downloaded 8.1.5 EE Linux Version (
> and neither in it's default directory ). Could someone help me with this ?
> Ronald

Look in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, it contains all build scripts. Received on Wed Feb 21 2001 - 22:25:45 CST