Meaning of License High Water Mark

From: Ed Stevens <Ed_Stevens_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:37:26 GMT

A question has come up regarding the exact meaning of "License High Water Mark" as reported in the <sid>alert.log file at database shutdown.

We thought it meant the max number of concurrent users that occurred at any point in time during the database run. However, we have a particular database that is only user-accessable from 5 machines -- which would make it physically impossible for more than 5 concurrent users-- , yet it is reporting "License High Water Mark" values of 150+. Received on Wed Feb 21 2001 - 15:37:26 CST