Re: Please Help with Database

From: <oradba_at_sybrandb.-deletethisbit-demon.nl>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 02:29:53 -0800

In article <3a91ad1a_2_at_news01.one.net.au>, "satyam" says...

>Hi
>I am very new to Oracle. I have installed Personal Oracle version 8.0.6 on
>windows 98 on my PC.When I enter scott,tiger
>I can't open the database.It gives error like " ORA - 12203 : TNS: Unable to
>connect destination." I am trying to fix this problem since last 2
>months.Some one suggested me to post it here.
>
>I am really no idea how to configure to access into Database.I would like to
>practice PL-SQL. So could any one help me what could be the problem, how to
>proceed by step by step.
>
>I really appreciate if the guys like you to help me by spending some time
>for this poor guy.
>
>Thank you in advance
>
>Satya
>satti_at_start.com.au

Make sure you have a variable ORACLE_SID in hkey\local_machine\software\oracle. If you used the default install, the value of that variable should be ORCL If that doesn't help, post your listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora from the %ORACLE_HOME%\net80\admin directory here.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue Feb 20 2001 - 04:29:53 CST