more than 4000 chars?????

From: JeC <jcoquard_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:32:15 GMT

I had a LONG field in my DB, but i wasn't able to fill more than 4000 char in it, so i've changed into a CLOB field but it stil doesn't work. And i've red somewhere:
"the Oracle SQL parser can only handle string literals up to 4000 characters in length. SQL*Plus is even more restricted. It can handle strings up to 2500 characters in length. From most Oracle clients, there will in fact be no way to insert data longer than 4000 characters long into a table"

How can i create/manage a field where i can put more than 4000 chars?

Please help me :)

What do you, guys (and girls), use?

JeC
Cell Network France Received on Mon Feb 19 2001 - 11:32:15 CST