Re: newbie thrown in the Oracle fire

From: dgdss <dgdss_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:40:29 GMT

You can change a users default tablespace, but any objects they have already created will have to be moved also. Use the OEM tool to restructure the DB, I would suggest you get a Oracle DBA to do this for you, either hire a contract worker or hire direct. If this DB is mission critical, you want someone who knows what they are doing to set this up otherwise it will cost the company alot more money in the long run.   Another cardinal rule is don't accept Oracle defaults if you use the DB Assistant tool to set up your DB.