Oracle 8.1.7...Apache up...IIS5 disappeared

From: Martin Vonk <m.w.vonk_at_chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:39:14 +0100

Hi,

Sorry, do not know where to post this question.....

Problem:
Great !!!.
Oracle 8.1.7 / Forms / Designer installed but MS IIS5 is gone / overwritten due to installation of Apache 1.3 ?!?!

Basics:
W2K (development) machine basic configuration: SP1 and IIS 5. Machine is / has been used for testing ASP pages (Jscript, MSSQL7).

Challenge:
Installing Oracle 8.1.7 + forms6i R1 (+ patch 1) + Designer 6i R2 on this W2K machine (standalone configuration). Particularly focussed on the installation of Designer 6i.

Results:
Everything concerning Oracle seems to work fine....Forms + Reports OK ! (?) No error messages in the (Designer Repository) log files. Could import the Designer Tutorial dmp-file (However had to copy the ICON file to the BIN directory).
No problems encountered sofar.

General question: At what moment in time I'm sure that Designer and / or FormsReports is running smoothly ??.

Disappointment :-):
Tried to run my ASP applications by http://localhost/.....(IIS 5) However...the Appache webserver showed up in stead of IIS 5. I do not blame Oracle..installing 8.1.7. on a development machine is rather straightforward..(Wizard driven).
I just did not pay enough attention to read the installation manual in detail (I'm not a DBA'r)....Was not aware of Apache 1.3

Questions:
1. Is it possible to shutdown Apache and 'activate' IIS5 in case of ASP pages (if not...Oracle requires a dedicated server / machine, even in development environments);
2. The installation manual for Apache is focused on Linux / Unix. I could not find a proper installation guide for NT. Do I have something in my eyes ???

Thanks for the responce,

Regards

Martin Received on Mon Feb 19 2001 - 17:39:14 CST