Re: Clone Oracle Database

From: <sunk_at_focushope.edu>
Date: 19 Feb 2001 19:24:23 GMT

> Hi,
>
> I have a Oracle database here in Belgium. I need to install this database (a
> copy) somewhere else, how can I burn a CD with necessary files (which ones
> ??) and what is the procedure to use it on another Oracle Server ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Frédéric

  1. Do a full export(exp system/passwd full=y file=myexp.dmp)
  2. At the destination create a blank database(make sure you run catalog.sql, catproc.sql, pupbld.sql...)
  3. Import the dump file(imp system/passwd full=y file=myexp.dmp)

Assuming both end have the same OS and Oracle version.(They can be different but it will be a different story)

Hope this Help, Kurt.

Linux Programmer's Site Received on Mon Feb 19 2001 - 13:24:23 CST