Re: RBS01.dbf damaged

From: Achille Carette <achyl_at_infonie.be>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:27:15 +0100

No no, don't have to try - i'm doing it.

I tried the following :
While a transaction is active (doing inserts in a loop), shut the database down "abort". Then rename the file rbs01.dbf into rbs01.old and try to restart the DB.
I mounted the DB, took the rbs01.dbf datafile offline drop, then was able to start the DB.
- The transaction existing before shutdown cannot be rolled back at stratup, since rollback segment is unavailable
- Rollback segment used by this transaction remains active, but is unavailable and cannot be dropped
- Because it contains active rollback segment, RBS tablespace cannot be dropped
- Oracle is unable to read data from the table modified by this transaction, since it cannot use the rollback segment to create a before-modification image.

I don't konw how to resolve this situation (and to re-create rollback segments)...