Re: RBS01.dbf damaged

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:40:37 +1100

"Achille Carette" <achyl_at_infonie.be> wrote in message news:3a90e78a$0$4493$73bec57d_at_news.be.uu.net...
> Great answer, thanks a lot.
>
> And what if there were active transaction when the database failed (it
 will
> become impossible to drop the RBS tablespace) ?

I can't think why. Assuming you're starting the Instance from scratch. It's only impossible to drop a rollback tablespace when there are active transactions using a segment within that tablespace. Since the database will be, at best, in mount stage, there can't be active transactions using anything in that tablespace (assuming you do the drop *before* attempting the recover)

I should point out that I'm suggesting this all from theory... I guess I could try it for real if you *really* wanted me to!!

Regards
HJR