Re: LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:26:31 +1100

You can defer or enable archiving to a destination at the session level -and it makes sense to do so. For example, log_archive_dest_3 is mandatory, and becomes full.... that means the entire system will hang when ARCH can't successfully archive there, and the online logs loop round.

Hence, the DBA fires up a session, defers archiving to that destination, and the database springs back into life. DBA then fixes up the underlying problem, and re-enables archiving there.

Regards