Re: Doing study

From: Myron Wintonyk <mwintony_at_med.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:28:53 +1000

Access is a great tool for what it's meant for -> personal computing.

Access has a few nice things that Oracle doesn't ahve, such as the graphical
display of relationships and constraints. However, it is missing some critical
features for a real database. For example, journaled updates (redo logs).

If you're looking for a place to put personal "stuff", use access. If you're
installing a mission critical application, use Oracle.

If you want specific details, we could provide that, but, in a nut shell, that's it.