Maximum columns in Oracle 9i database?

From: MJG <gremlin_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2001 23:55:33 +0100

Hello:

I understand that the maximum number of columns in an Oracle 8i table is 1000. I have seen information relating to the Oracle Data Mining Suite that the number of columns in "unlimited". Is this a feature of 9i, or is the Suite doing something like tables of vector objects or something? I ask because it does seem like 1000 columns would not be enough for many data mining problems.

Thanks,
  Mike

--
Posted from blount.mail.mindspring.net [207.69.200.226]