Re: Changing Character Set

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:06:21 GMT

    I don't have complete answers, but hopefully someone else here will, cause I'd like to read them. When we did this we had to work with our Solaris sysadmin and we did need to set an environmental parameter on Solaris as well as the database character set. Also we found we had to add an explicit line to our export scripts (run through OEM) to avoid exporting in ASCII7. We will probably use UTF-8 as our new standard since so many more of the apps are being used in Europe and Asia as well as here.

    Let us know what else you find out.

Van