Re: character set problems (umlaut) Oracle8i and Linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:29:11 +0100

I don't think any Englishman will recognize the lingo spoken in the US as 'English'.
(Refer amongst others to the musical 'My Fair Lady') Oracle seems to recognize this, as does Microsoft. Your variant of the English has been termed American by Oracle since the early days of Oracle v6.
Just for the record, your conductor is missing the last r in his surname.

Lol

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA