Issues with importing roles and grants

From: Fred A G <nospam_at_allowed.localhost>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:08:28 +0100

From a full and "priviliged" export dump I try to import an application's schema using fromuser. A little snag here is that the roles and some grants with those roles aren't being created. I was pretty sure they should though?! (Some scripts that generate the sql to create the roles fixed that.)

My main concern with this import is that the app has a few roles with priv's on SYS.* objects (select on dba...). These priv's aren't recreated by the import process, but other priv's comes along fine. Since SYS objects are not exported, this seems alright eh? But, is this type of grant etc. common practice, or to be deemed a construction "error" (or, perhaps, both)?

Regards
/Fad Received on Sat Feb 17 2001 - 13:08:28 CST