Capacity Planning for 8i on W2K

From: Ford Prefect <rcolebeckXXX_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 01:04:55 GMT

We will be upgrading our 7.3.4 to 8i this year to a W2K install. We are running it on a single CPU PII 400 1GB RAM NT4 It has SCSI drives (no RAID) only 40Mb transfer rate.

This server serves 15 heavy users and another 25 light users. Performance definitely degrades if a big query or report is being run. To the point users notice and complain!

I'm trying to recommend a hardware config that will suit 8i and give us the perfomance results desired.

Anyone with experience like to suggest some minimums?

Thanks...

--
Richard Colebeck