IFS daemons will not stay up

From: Darryl Snedeker <darryl.snedeker_at_fmr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:00:43 -0600

I've got TAR's open on this issue ,but I'm not encouraged with the line of questioning and progress to date.

I'm attempting to run iFS against an 8.1.7 database on a Solaris 2.6 machine which has 4GB of memory. I successfully start (ifsstart) the ifs background processes as root, but these processes eventually die with the following messages:

Unable to start iFS ServerManager
Invalid credentials specified

Unable to start iFS ServerManager
Invalid credentials specified

In addition, even while the processes are running, I cannot access the admin port (1717).

I've run through the configuration tool (ifsconfig) numerous times and to no avail.

Any suggestions, tips, or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

-Darryl Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 10:00:43 CST