Re: Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should I use?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:28:33 GMT

On 16 Feb 2001 08:04:44 -0600, Juan Lanus <jlanus_at_interar.com.ar> wrote:

>Please take a lok at:
>
>http://www.ibmlink.ibm.com/uspress&parms=P_2001021501
>for updated info on the differences between Oracle and DB2.

I find this one a real pearl:

o Performance: Oracle's terms and conditions do not allow customers to discuss the performance of its database. This has created a restricted environment where only Oracle-approved benchmarks or performance measurements are available for comparison. DB2 has no such restrictions in its license terms.

ROFL!!!! Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 08:28:33 CST