Re: Install without Java?

From: Dave Haas <davidh_at_--nospam--hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:47:05 GMT

Hi Rolf.

You can get it to work withou the OUI (Oracle Universal Installer), but it's a tricky business. Have a look on your 8.1.7 CD for a folder called "response" (i think it's in the setup folder). It contains what are known as response files (the answers to the questions the OUI asks), and you can customize one of the templates they provide.

You would then run (from a command line): setup -silent -responsefile filename.rsp

Only problem is, if it blows up because you missed one of the questions in the response file, it gets ugly, fast.

HTH, Regards,

Dave Haas