Re: ORA-12663: Services required by client not available on the server

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2001 13:51:12 -0800

This error probably has nothing to do with describe. Take a look at the sqlnet.ora file on the Oracle8 database. If there are entries requiring packet checksumming or authentication, comment them out. That is likely causing the connection to fail. Alternatively, you could install the Advanced Security Option on the Oracle7 database.

--
                                Thanks,
                                Rick

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.