[newbie] how to get rid of a datafile

From: Jochen <madnecker_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:29:08 +0100

Hello everybody,

I just read some lines in this newsgroup about getting rid of a datafile in a tablespace and if I got it right, it's impossible to get rid of it.

Is there only 'one' way to get rid of it by removing all data of the tablespace to some other place, dropping the entire tablespace, recreating it without that 'get-rid-of-it-datafile' and moving the data back? (The entire how to move a table from one tablespace to another was discussed previously).

I actually have this problem on 8.0.5 but it's not productive, just a training set up.

Thank's in advance
Jochen Received on Thu Feb 15 2001 - 17:29:08 CST