RE: ORA-01546 Roll back segment error

From: David Fitzjarrell <ddf_dba_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:07:07 -0500

>===== Original Message From "kush" <kdhakal_at_eline.com> =====
>hi! I am trying to take tablespace offline(which contains rollback
>segments), but its giving me ORA-01546 error, saying there are some active
>rollback segments in it, now my question is can I take tablespace offline
>while there are some active rollback segment it it? if not how can I drop
>this active segments? Which v$ view or tables gives more information about
>active rollback segments?
>Thanks in advance.

Your database cannot function without non-SYSTEM rollback segments, and if these are the only rollback segments in your database I wouldn't take the tablespace offline.

The DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS table provides information on active and inactive rollback segments. The STATUS column reports whether a segment is ONLINE (active) or OFFLINE (inactive).

David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

                http://MailAndNews.com

 Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.