Re: OAS 9i installation problems on Red Hat Linux 7

From: Malcolm Smith <mfesmith_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:22:49 GMT

RedHat 7 included an experimental gclib, hence Oracle's runInstaller simply won't work correctly-- you either need to patch the gclib or better, downgrade to Redhat 6.2. You do not have to install Oracle DBMS on that machine, OAS9i is a glorified version of Apache. For development purposes, it may be easier to do so. Also, OAS is still using Jserv, rather than Tomcat.

Good luck,

Malcolm

"John Smith" <someone_at_microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96bvi3$klr_at_dispatch.concentric.net...
> Every time I run the "./runInstaller" I keep getting an error that the
 Java