Can I rename an index?

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:31:46 -0500

I would like to rename an index but the RENAME command is only for tables... Tried to drop it and recreate it, but could not do this either...

SQL> DROP INDEX SYS_C0083054
  2 ;
DROP INDEX SYS_C0083054
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02429: cannot drop index used for enforcement of unique/primary key

02429, 00000, cannot drop index used for enforcement of unique/primary key

// *Cause: user attempted to drop an index that is being used as the
// enforcement mechanism for unique or primary key.
// *Action: drop the constraint instead of the index.

Now how do I drop a constraint?

Thanks!

--

Sytrem