Character set problem

From: Jimmy <david_petit_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:01:31 -0800

Hi all,

        I have two databases, one (A) is 7.3.4, another one (B) is 8.0.6 on Solaris. A is using character set US7ASCII, while B is using character set ZHT32TRIS. My problem is, when I logon to A, I need to change nls_lang (in registry) to AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII. When I logon to B, I need to change nls_lang (in registry) to AMERICAN_AMERICA.ZHT32TRIS.

        Is it possible to set the nls character set in session level? When I use "dbms_session.set_nls('nls_characterset', 'US7ASCII')", it failed. How can I change the character set in session level (without modify the registry) such that the application (PowerBuilder) can set the character set based on the database.

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Wed Feb 14 2001 - 05:01:31 CST