Re: alter database datafile offline drop

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:36:51 +1100

You can NEVER remove datafiles from a tablespace once they've been added to it. The best you can do is to resize them to something trivial.

After an offline drop, you're supposed to then drop the entire tablespace -otherwise, the files remain in 'recovery' status for ever. Bouncing an Instance shouldn't be a problem, but that's not a state I'd be happy leaving lying around for ever and a day.

Regards