Offline Replication

From: Jerry Althoff <jerome50_at_bignet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:54:40 -0500

I believe I understand instantiating snapshots for disconnected users via floppy, tape, CD etc. But it looks like the users have to connect to use the "dbms_refresh.refresh('xxx');" procedure to let the master server know to build a set of updates to the data received in the initial instantiation.

What should I do if my users are NEVER connected and can only get updates via a file transfer over sneaker-net? Is there some way to login at the master site and let the master know the snapshot site got the data OK?

(PS. I will only have ONE snapshot user.) Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 20:54:40 CST