Re: Configuration of number of CPU's to comply with license agreement

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:29:10 -0000

"Spencer" <spencerp_at_swbell.net> wrote in message news:pjhh6.201$ur5.56250_at_nnrp2.sbc.net...
> "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > Am I reading you aright? The implication of your post is that std
 edition
 is
> > not licensed for more than 2 processor boxes? Is this generally true or
 an
> > HPUX thing?
> > --
> > Niall Litchfield
> > Oracle DBA
> > Audit Commission UK
>
> Standard Edition is licensed only on approved hardware models.
> My earlier post may have been misleading,

Thanks, no it wasn't really misleading. we actually run on intel machines and so the limit is 4 processors. I just had a a bit of a shock reading your post at home.

memo to self do not read comp.databases.oracle.* under the influence of tiredness and alcohol.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA