Re: Can not start Personal oracle 8i

From: <m_tov_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:25:27 GMT

Try the default passwords for the dba and the sysdba accounts:

DBA: user=system password=manager

SYSDBA: user=internal password=oracle
user=sys password=change_on_install

Log in as one of those (if Oracle insists upon a service name use your default SID which is ORCL, I think, - you might want to check on that) and create a regular user account.

Good Luck
MT

In article <fQDh6.66906$GV2.15547936_at_typhoon.san.rr.com>,   "BB" <gkotoyan_at_san.rr.com> wrote:
> I have just downloaded Personal Oracle8i for Win98. When trying to
 start
> database, the OSTART message appears":Can not open registry
> Software/Oracle/Homeo/sid_list Starting with default sid". Then
 oracle
> startup windows promts for password that I never know...
>
> How can I get this password? Thank a lot for any kind of help!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Feb 12 2001 - 04:25:27 CST