Re: tuning problem

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 06:05:10 GMT

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:33:59 GMT, gdas_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>I've got one hand tied behind my back on this one and the CBO isn't
>cooperating with me. I'm running 8.1.6

You could try using the stored plans available in 8.1.6 to force the production system to behave the same way.

Also, for the hash-vs-nested loops, have a look at the release notes and the parameters: there is a init.ora parameter that allows you to have nested loops prefered over hash, without having to switch off hash.

HTH Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sun Feb 11 2001 - 00:05:10 CST