performance & DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT

From: SM McAllister <SteveMcAllister_at_BigFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:36:21 GMT

Has anyone used this and observed if there is a much of a performance hit using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT? The platform is HP-UX on an Lclass  server with between 2 and 4 CPU's and 2 to 4GB of RAM. Oracle is at 8.1.7. I am wondering what the limitations/best practices are as well. I am assuming that there is a linear relationship - the more columns you encrypt the more of a performance hit you get. Someone please set me straight or point me in the right direction. Thanks.

--Steve

I checked out the Oracle Technet, but I did not see any white papers or other definitive documents that discuss performance and encryption.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sun Feb 11 2001 - 11:36:21 CST