Re: Intro to Oracle:SQL & PL/SQL class -HELP

From: Bruce Walker <rbwalker1_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:34:39 -0500

I would like some input from a teacher on the subject. I am taking an Oracle class now from a large corp that specializes in teaching. The Oracle DBA is over 11 weeks, with PL/SQL taking three of those eleven weeks. The class is once a week for 8 hours. Can you adequately take a beginner from zilch to a good understanding in 24 ( 3 X 8 ) hours.

The first three weeks have gone by and I feel comfortable with about HALF the material. We are using ORACLE textbooks. In my eyes, they are written poorly, not descriptive at all, and leave a student wanting ' where's the beef ' mode.

I have yet to find a good tutor on the web for SQL \ PL/SQL \ SQL Plus which the first exam is based on. Could you direct me to one ??

bruce w