New to Triggers, need a Delete Trig

From: <pk1023_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:35:26 GMT

Hello All,

I am very new to the Oracle enivorment, but I need to create a trigger I think.

I have a table of workorders for my plant, the information about the build of the job is placed into the records as the job progresses through the plant. Then at the time of ship the records are deleted and made into a flat text file for a mainframe.

Now lots of people are saying that I am loosing that flat file, so I need a record of the workorders, but I don't want them hanging around in my main table, because there is alot of data assoicated that I will not need further and people would get confused on the web pages.

What I need is this...

On delete from workorders

Copy
workorders.id, .job_order, .line, .line_set_number, .date_requried, .ESC _serial, .version, .date_of_test values ('xg######', etc...) to workorders_audit

I would like it to fire everytime there is a delete, this way I know everything is done,because only shipping can delete workorder records.

Could somebody help me turn this into a trigger for the workorders table? Thank you so much.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Feb 09 2001 - 21:35:26 CST