Re: slowness in making and closing connections

From: Enivaldo Freire do O' <enivaldo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:41:45 GMT

In article <96158k$4o3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <9610ii$vun$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Enivaldo Freire do O' <enivaldo_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with a 7.3.3 Oracle on Dec-Unix. When using
> > sqlplus locally (no listener up, only ORACLE_SID set), the sqlplus
> > time (cpu + system) to get the prompt is very big (50 secs), about
> > the same of the dedicated process started to serve sqlplus. The
> > queries are returned very fast but when quitting the same problem
> > occurs (more 50 secs for both processes).
> >
> > This didn't happen before, only from a few days ago, without
> > notice. It also happens for a sid1 database resident on the same
> > server.
> >

> This sounds like you may be encountering the ora trace problem: Here
> is something I had on the subject that would allow you to determine if
> this could be your problem. You may want to contact support if this
> turns out to be your problem before following the procedures outlined
> here.

Mark, thanks for the solution (and thanks to Mr. Loney of course!). The size of the files process.dat and regid.dat were 250 MB and 50 MB, respectively. Besides their size, another problem was that the ORACLE_HOME directory was exported via NFS to the network, in order that every node share the oracle software. What overhead!

Regards,
  Enivaldo

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Feb 09 2001 - 19:41:45 CST